Friday, February 15, 2008

Stay in Kemah

Here's a brief summary of the last few days in Kemah.

  • My flight from Tulsa was to leave at 7:00 p.m. Tuesday evening. Actual departure time was 8:20, putting me into Houston around 9:45--15 minutes past Neal's beddie-bye time.
  • Since car rentals were sky-high at Hobby Airport (I assume due to International Finals Rodeo in town) Neal picked me up at the airport and we arrived at the RV Park about 10:30--1 hour past Neal's beddie-bye time.
  • On Wednesday, Enterprise, true to their advertising, picked me up at the RV with a car from their Seabrook office for less than half the price of getting one at the airport.
  • Wednesday evening I charcoaled pork chops for dinner. When they were done, the coals were still glowing, so I cooked the steaks in the fridge for a later date. Still great coals, so on went the polish sausage and a frozen hamburger patty. Got anything else, Neal? He refused to allow me to walk through the RV park asking for meat.
  • Last night, Neal surprised me by coming home from work early, a dozen roses in hand. Even though we had steaks already cooked, he insisted we go out to eat. Fine with me, since he's still on a health foods kick and there's nothing "good" to be found in the trailer.
  • The free time has allowed me to work on Income Tax Returns. Just a few details that I'll have to look up at home and I'll be ready to e-file.
  • Began to design my 2007 Blog Book.
  • Managed to get in two good workouts. Almost broke my nose on the bicep curl machine. Didn't know my own strength!

Tomorrow I'll head back home, where Jeff is minding the farm.

No comments: