Thursday, February 07, 2008

Lauren's Visit

Lauren's been a bit under the weather this week, so instead of going to daycare on Wednesday, she came to see Nana. Even though I'm "retired" I seem to keep a very busy schedule and never have enough hours in the day. So it was kind of nice to be forced to slow down for an entire day and just spend time with my granddaughter. Fortunately, she was feeling better than the day before, so she wasn't fussy or clingy. I had never noticed how much she sings. One tune, in particular, seemed to be recurring. I'm sure she was singing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." I suppose diaper-changing time is the appointed time to recite "Pat-a-Cake" as she rolls her arms one over the other. Or maybe she's singing "The Wheels on the Bus" -- I'm just not sure yet. Like her brother, she loves books. Her favorites are "The Rainbow Fish" (which I think Great Grandpa Smith has memorized), "I Am A Monster," "Rudolph's Bright Christmas" (mostly just pressing the button to turn on the red nose light), and "Where's Elmo's Blanket." Speaking of blankets, she has three special blankies, one of which must be available at naptime and bedtime. They are all very soft, but her favorite part is the tags. Lauren rubs the tags between her fingers and thumb, which must be very soothing. The tags are already frayed and will soon be only shreds of satin.

2 comments:

Terry Rush said...

She even likes the tags? How awesome of us to like our lives, even the incidental moves of each day possibly labeled as tags.

I love you today!

jessica said...

I tagged you. You can go to my blog to see the details.