Thursday, July 31, 2008

This is a Test

Tuesday evening, as I was feeding the granddogs, Neal arrived home from work. But not alone. With him was a 7 month old basset hound puppy.....Otis. Now what, in tarnation, possessed him to add to my misery by adding a THIRD dog to this otherwise happy home? He is either testing me, or just doesn't have a clue how I agonize over the well-being of the two uninvited Houdini's of whom I have unwittingly become the primary caretaker. To my relief, Neal quickly made it clear that this was a short-term situation. Some guy at work just needed babysitting services for a few days.


Wednesday morning I went out to check on/feed these critters, and NONE of them were in their yard. OHHHH, WOE IS ME! They had managed to pry the chain link away from the corner of the gate and escape after dark. I jumped in the Pilot and began my usual trek up and down and around 97, to no avail. When I returned, I discovered that Otis had spent the night in the game room with Jeff--he had scratched on the door around 1:00 a.m. Fortunately, around 9:00 a.m. I received a call from one of the regular destinations of George and Gracie, the Davidson residence. (I'll start calling her first whenever they come up missing.) Jeff and I managed to fix the gate (bottom right corner in the picture). I dare not say that it is now inescapable...I've already had to eat my words. I do hope Otis returns to his owner soon, as Jeff is becoming attached. Hmmm, do ya think they would notice if we returned George in his place?

1 comment:

Shelly Collins said...

Look at that adorable face!