Saturday, July 26, 2008

Yes...I Am Crazy, Too!

I have to eat crow today. Yesterday, I commented on my sister's blog titled "Are We Crazy?" about the lengths they go to for their dogs. I don't even OWN dogs, but somehow have taken over the care and feeding of my two granddogs, George and Gracie. Loyal readers of my blog know that it has been a never-ending battle trying to keep them from digging under the fence and gallivanting all over creation. Alan said that when we first moved here a year ago, we were known along 97 as "the people that bought the old Reed place." Then we became known as "the people that fixed up the old Reed place." Now we're more commonly known as "the people at the old Reed place that can't keep their bassets in the yard." Well we think we have finally built an inescapable fence that Neal calls "Ft. Knox." (He says the next step is hiring an armed guard to walk the perimeter of the fence 24/7.)

This morning Neal and I spent almost an hour removing ticks from George and Gracie, who have conveniently rid themselves of their flea & tick collars. I guess it's been close to a month since the last tick treatment. Of course, if they'd just stay in our sprayed yard, we wouldn't have this problem. Anyway....I made a trip into town to purchase more tick treatment and new collars. Mom caught the process on camera, proving that I, too, am crazy. You're not alone Sandra.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So my question is, this is what it took for you to realize that you are crazy...
You could have just asked - we would have told you...lol
Cute dogs
Caren

Anonymous said...

I agree with Caren. However, I am just as crazy about my babies (2 black labs). You also noticed that Mike greeted the bassets Sunday evening. They are adorable when they are home. Terri