Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Challenge

Browsing through some of my favorite blogs, I noticed that I hadn't posted in FIVE days. It's pretty sad when I've been too busy to post, yet the very things keeping me busy were way too boring to write about. But since my last post ended with a very unflattering picture that in a moment of weakness I inserted, only to find it showing up again a few days later on Facebook, I felt it necessary to update.

Sunday night I was looking for something--which is one of the things that keeps me busy...

Can I get an "Amen?"

...when I came across my old Glamour Shots. I had them done for Neal for our 15th Anniversary--you do the math. But the underlying reason I really did this, was much more morbid. A friend had recently died of cancer, and they had the most beautiful picture of her (done by Glamour Shots) at the funeral. And I thought, "If I were to die, they would have a really hard time finding a good picture of me to put on my closed casket." Yeah, I'm shallow like that. But really, y'all, don't you think of things like that? Then yesterday a friend (who shall remain anonymous) was telling the funniest story about having his Glamour Shots taken. Okay, it was Terry Rush. So, anyway, I thought all the signs were pointing to me posting these beauties.

Does everyone look like Barbara Mandrell in their Glamour Shots, or is it just me?



Where DID I get all that hair?



Yeah, that would look good on my casket.




Oh mama!
Jeremy, I dare ya to post this one on Facebook!
(although the "psych ward escape" caption might still be appropriate!)

I challenge all my blogger friends, who will admit to sinking to this level, to post their Glamour Shots. I wanna see if you all look like country singers.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

There were WAY more tears looking at these pictures than the wedding post! Too funny!!!! Next time I am at Mom's house I will dig mine out and post them. I think we have some of the same poses!

JeanetteLivingston said...

Well I must confess I have never gotten any Glamor Shots done of myself but heck they make ya look good girl maybe I need to do that. They can erase all of the wrinkles right? You are a sexy mama.

Barbie said...

This is tooooo funny. I love them. I have been going thru all my pictures (another project I said I was gonna finish while Richie is in Iraq) and found the ones Daisha & I had taken a few years ago. I "might" put some on my blog just for you!!!! : ) : )

jessica said...

I love it! I am so searching for mine tomorrow! Great post; so much fun. I can't wait to see everyone's glamour shots!

Anonymous said...

I will see if Jennifer will put up my glamour shots. I had the same poses except I had a hugh sore on my nose they covered so my nose doesn't look like me at all. I didn't know you could cake on soooo much make up!

Janet

Unknown said...

AMEN!

I totally laughed through most of this post and then, laughed at all the comments.

You people are great.

Zeeba and I took mom for her Glamore Shots on her 50th b-day, and Hannah and I had mom and daughter poses done a few years ago. Yours, however, are unbelievale. I would not have recognized you at all!

Heather said...

Ok, so I'm at home today do to the glorious Oklahoma weather we have, so I decided I needed to get my Lita fix. I'm sitting in my living room, in my pj's and robe, by myself, laughing so loud that my newspaper insulated walls just echoed. And not because of your pictures of beauty (I've had the pleasure of seeing them in person), but for one particular comment. "Yeah, that will look good on my casket". I couldn't even type that without laughing... You're the best!

Mary Ann said...

You are still glamourous after all these years. I have no glamour shots b/c I broke the camera. True story. You are the queen :)