Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Mouse Fed? -- Check

I've decided just to add this little chore to my morning ritual. Make the coffee, feed the dog, feed the mouse, do my Bible study, eat breakfast. At the first sign of mice, we set traps under the sinks, both in the bathroom and in the kitchen. First night was successful in the bathroom. I hadn't even fallen asleep yet when I heard the trap. Next morning Neal tried to be sneaky and hide the dead mouse in the bathroom waste basket, but I know him too well and saw the little pink feet sticking up in the air underneath an Arbonne bag. Can't pull a fast one like that on this country girl. But the mouse in the kitchen is smarter and more agile than we anticipated. And may I say, after this morning's experience, MORE BOLD...or just gluttonous. The last two mornings I have found the trap, still in position, but minus the bait (peanut butter). This morning I re-baited, then sat down to eat breakfast and work on my BSF homework. It's very quiet in the house when I'm alone and I thought I heard some faint scratching noises. When I had finished eating, I checked the trap and, would you believe it? The dadgum mouse had finished his breakfast, too! Grrrrrrr! Then I checked the "Live Trap" that's supposed to be foolproof. Sure enough, the bait at the end of this little tunnel was gone too, WITHOUT TRAPPING THE MOUSE. Oh. He's good.

1 comment:

JeanetteLivingston said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!