Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesdays with Lauren

There was a bit of confusion this morning. Due to some appointments I had last Tuesday, our routine changed and I didn't have Lauren for the day. So today when I arrived, no one was home. I tracked Jeremy down at the corner store and luckily I had a couple of diapers in my car and we headed straight for Bible Study...without the usual matching bow in the hair. Didn't bother me, but I'm sure Trista cringes just thinking about it. Lauren was excited to be back at Bible Study and literally skipped from the car to the building. I just walked fast. It was cold. When we got to her class, she wanted to put money in the offering jar. I had no bills, but dug out a quarter for her. Peering into my wallet, she saw I had more, so I gave her two. "One more," she said...I hope she ate her 75 cents worth of snacks today.

She loves to pretend she's a grown-up. I guess it's a girl thing, 'cause I don't remember Jacob doing this so much. She always wants one of my purses and fills it with pictures, cards, keys and "wipies." Today's purse of choice had a shoulder strap and the purse dragged the ground, but she didn't care. As she was flipping through the pictures, naming each one, she came to Jeff's and said, "That's you Jeff. He's pwetty." I'm sure Jeff is duly flattered.

Before naptime, I read her a book, then let her choose another. I sat back down in the rocking chair and she scolded, "Git dayon (that's southern drawl for "get down")." She proceeded to read the book herself.

I didn't notice until I uploaded the pictures that she had the book upside down the whole time.


She gets very animated when she reads.


And this is the pitiful look I get when I say it's naptime. No, I did not give in.

1 comment:

Becky's Blog said...

She is soooo smart and beautiful. Lucky little girl. I usually get to take a nap when she does since she sleeps in my bed and I have to lay down with her to make sure she doesn't get up.