Saturday, February 21, 2009

Reflections...Part II

Tues. 2/17
  • Since we only have 5 rooms, we don't get the free hotel breakfast. This morning Rick takes us to a road-side taco stand that is owned by one of the elders.
  • afterwards we're told that the flavorful meat filling was cow lips! okay...right here I want to say something really clever and witty, but...I'm at a loss for words....cow lips....seriously...
  • before heading to the job site, Rick takes us to see the school of preaching in Monterrey where Ladie attended


Ladie
  • our cooks made a special lunch for us today...even brought in an outsider whose specialty is gorditas
The gordita master



Lovely Ote


Sweet Lorena, Ladie's wife

  • to thank them for the lunch, we sang a few songs for them...the singing wasn't near as good as the meal
  • today I made use of my Spanish class and actually communicated with some of the hermanos y hermanas (brothers and sisters), which was a real thrill for me
  • after dinner, Eunice and Sergio took us to the top of a hill in the middle of Monterrey where we had a fantastic view of this, the 3rd largest city in Mexico


5 comments:

JeanetteLivingston said...

That is pretty awesome.

Shelly Collins said...

Enjoying this. Can't believe you've gone and are back already! How fun that you and Neal went together!

jessica said...

Thanks for sharing Lita.

Anonymous said...

When you consider what goes into hot dogs... I'd say cows lips is a step up the food chain. :) At least it's the opening that the food goes in... ;)

Love ya,
Morgan
aka Co Mo

Barbie said...

I would have lost my lunch and not been able to eat the rest of the trip if I had eaten and then found out later it was "COW LIPS"! Definately would be asking about the ingredients from that point forward before I put anything past my "PEOPLE LIPS".

Gagging right now at the thought of it...