Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesdays with Lauren

Lauren hadn't eaten breakfast when I picked her up this morning, so we took a cereal bar for the road. This wasn't my first rodeo, so I grabbed the blanket I carry in my car and covered her lap. That didn't go over well. "I can't like Bubby's blanket." Well....it's not Bubby's, it's Nana's. "Is YOU blanket?" Yes, and you're a very lucky girl that Nana's letting you get sticky cereal bar all over it.

On the way to BSF, she sneezed and I said, "Goodness." She sneezed again, and again I said, "Goodness," to which she said, "What in a woold?" And we both giggled. (Keep up...you'll need to remember this later.)

When I picked Lauren up at her class, (she's so much like me) she was "reading" a book to the other kids and holding the book up to show them the pictures. (Note to self: Go NOWHERE without your camera.)

Our weekly visit to Janet's office was good.....and bad. She loves to get in Janet's top drawer and today she found the petty cash container. While I was busy with paperwork, Janet was watching her stuff money into her Gap jacket pockets. Cute. Oh yeah, it's all fun and games until you have to give the money back! She reluctantly gave up the change, but she was NOT letting go of the bills. Uh uh! No way! I knew where this was heading. So we left Janet's office in tears. I put her in the car seat and she grabbed her blanket to wipe her snotty nose. I said, "Did you wipe your nose on your blanket? WHAT IN THE WORLD?" This brought out the "Trista look" and she informed me, "Non't say that....is not funny!"

Meanwhile...back at the ranch.

Just when I thought we'd been through the whole gamut of purses, she decides today to carry the backpack/purse. What can I say? She loves variety. And today we had to put a Bible in it.

Leading me to the car for a little play time.


If you're wondering why my head is jammed into the roof of the car, it's 'cause
I'm sitting in HER CAR SEAT!


And she's at the wheel.


It was a beautiful day...until this evening when the thunderstorms and tornadoes came through...so we enjoyed a walk to the pond with Gracie.




What a sweet pose.


Look out, here comes Gracie.


Gracie, you're gonna mess up my photo shoot!


Too late.

4 comments:

JeanetteLivingston said...

That is cute. She has you jumping thru hoops doesn't she?

Anonymous said...

So So Sorry!! I can't quit laughing though. I'm just glad to know she has you whipped too. LOL :oP

Wilma said...

I was just thinking that if she was going to carry that back pack purse, she needed all that cash from the petty cash drawer.

Terry Rush said...

Too wonderful!

I love you today!

Praying for your mission!