Sunday, October 25, 2009

Business Trip


I know what you're thinking. Business trip? She's a church secretary, for heaven's sake. Get it? For "heaven's sake?" Okay, so it's been a long day. I'm in Louisville, KY with one of the women on the church finance committee for a training conference on our new software.

We only arrived a few hours ago, and I already have blog material.

So. We check in and head to our rooms to unpack. We share the elevator with a distinguished looking man and--coincidence--he's also on 6th floor. As we exit the elevator, Carolyn and I exchange room numbers so we can call each other. I round the corner to my room, Room 608, and the distinguished gentleman is standing at the door. He looks at me and says, "Did I hear you say, "608"? Doh! How stupid of me to blurt out my room number. I timidly admit that that is, indeed, what I said. He says, "I could've sworn that was MY room number, but my key won't work." Oh, my goodness gracious. Where is Carolyn??? I try my key, which of course opens the door, and son of a gun, there's all his stuff in the room! An apparent mix-up. But he doesn't let it go. He offers to share the room!!! Oh lawsy! I chuckle...you're a funny guy. So we get back on the elevator to straighten out this mess and he says, "You probably wouldn't be able to put up with me anyway." To which I say, "You probably couldn't put up with me either." To which he says, "Oh, I'm not so sure about that." Lord, please get me outta here! As the lady at the desk frantically tries to find another room for me, he says to her, "I offered to share with her." Obviously, she was concentrating too hard on finding me a room to think that was funny. I wasn't laughing any more either. Oh great--my new room is still on 6th floor. So we ride back up to our floor in relative silence, while I discreetly cover my new room number with my thumb.

All unpacked and now Carolyn and I can go to the hotel restaurant and have a nice dinner. The waitress brings us our checks and we each pay with a credit card. Only, when she brings them back for signatures, mine doesn't have my card in it, and the ticket has already been signed and paid for. I'm thinking "608 man" and my eyes start darting around the restaurant. I wave down the waitress, and I guess she's having a bad night too, cause it was just another mix-up.

Meanwhile, sitting at the table next to us is Jeremy Sisto from Law and Order, NO LIE.

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

10 comments:

Terry Rush said...

You get yourself home right now!

You can't stay long!

Anonymous said...

I've watched to many Criminal Minds. You shouldn't have opened the door with him standing right there!!! He could have pushed you in and killed you! We need to talk when you get home so I can teach you how to be. (totally paranoid like me) Be careful!

Janet

Unknown said...

I am totally with Janet! You crazy woman - BE CAREFUL!

Unknown said...

OK, so next time ... RUN!!!

Anonymous said...

"Lawsy"???? I've never heard you say that, can't remember hearing your mom say that, maybe grandma.
You were shook up!!

Carolyn

Janell said...

You really shouldn't go anywhere without me - you get in too much trouble!

Anonymous said...

I prefer that we refer to Jeremy Sisto as "Jeremy Sisto from Clueless and Hideaway and the first season of Six Feet Under"... Ummm, I mean, Jeremy who?

~Morgan

Mary Ann said...

Have you seen Jeremy Sisto in the movie Waitress? You should :)

You should have told him about Mr. Clean (Neal) and he would have back way the heck off. Can you help it that you are so hot at 50 something that you still get hit on? I don't think so :) I agree with Janell. You need a body guard to help you have fun!

Mary Ann said...

Is it YOUR fault that you are still a hottie at .... over 40??? NO! I agree with Janell, you need a body guard to help you have fun.

P.S. Did you get a picture of Jeremey Sisto?

Unknown said...

I have been thoroughly warned, lectured, reprimanded, and threatened for my lack of judgment in the 608 situation. I feel the love. Mary Ann, can I send you a check, or do you prefer cash?