Saturday, October 31, 2009

Mousecapades

This book, one of Lauren's favorites, is banned from our library...indefinitely.

We've trapped 3 mice in 3 days.

Allow me to elaborate on the drama at our house last night, when we had a "dinner guest." After dinner, Jeff & Guest retired to the game room to watch a movie. I was enjoying a quiet evening of TV, blogging and Facebook, when the 2 baby mice decided it was time to come out and play. J and G came back to find me hiding behind a doorway, broom in hand. "Shhhh! They're under the table." I like to make a good impression on new girlfriends.

Jeff begs me to let him pop them with the pellet gun. "Not in the house!", I say. "Mom, it's just a pellet gun--trust me."

This is the only thing that saved that tiny mouse's life:


The saga continues....

4 comments:

Wilma said...

I think that was MY chair! Now, what will I sit in when I visit.

Terry Rush said...

You can have guests in the house...hide behind the door with the broom...take pictures of mouse damage...and post pictures on your blog?

Yep...you HAVE been to a seminar all right!

I can't stay long.

Unknown said...

Terry, what are doing still up at 9:05?

Terry Rush said...

Evidently talking in my sleep.