Monday, October 19, 2009

Lita Blevins' Day Off

Did you know one of my favorite movies is Ferris Buehler's Day Off?  Now you do.  Ferris lives out my secret fantasy of taking a whole day and spontaneously coming up with fun and bizarre ways to pass the time.

Instead, here's what I did on this beautiful, sunny day off:

Go to the shop to start up the riding lawn mower.  Discover two flat tires.  Go to the barn to get the air compressor.  Not there.  Back to the shop...oh, there it is, my bad.  Play mechanic and finally figure out how the dadgum thing works. Air up the tires.  Fill tank with gas.  Start mowing. Get stuck between cedar tree and wood pile.  Physically try to lift riding lawn mower out of wedge--can't be good for my herniated disk and recovering hiney.  Finish yard and move on to dog yard. Mower starts making grinding noises and is leaving rows of tall grass between blades.  Park mower and resort to push mower. Finish dog yard with push mower, stepping in fresh Gracie deposit. Now I smell like a mixture of wild onions and dog poop as I greet the electrician. Explain three electrical jobs I need done.  Start first load of laundry.  Unload dishwasher. Remove globes on bathroom light fixture and handwash, then replace. Clean bathroom top to bottom. Clean inside car windows. Carry 2-ton ladder from garage to front of house. Clean front picture window outside. Come inside and raise blinds to clean inside picture window.  Kill red wasp hiding behind blind. Replace blind that I just pulled off wall.  (Window frame will have to be reattached another day.)  Start second load of laundry. Carry 2-ton ladder back to garage, lift garage door and dodge falling centipede.  Wait patiently on electrician to exorcise the house from the haunting of the electricity snatcher, while I sit at the computer and blog.

Far cry from a Cub's game, art museum and parade.

Danke Shoen, anyone...anyone?

3 comments:

Terry Rush said...

I don't know about you, but after reading this post I've got to go lay down and rest. I'm exhausted!

Anonymous said...

Now I know why you didn't want to workout!

Janet

JeanetteLivingston said...

I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR!