Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Mission Quite Possible

The main mission of our trip (whether you choose to believe it or not) was to visit our "missionaries" in Verviers, Belgium.  To encourage--and be encouraged.  Mission accomplished.

Saturday we took a short tour of the town.  Didn't take long, as it's rather small.  But beautiful, nonetheless.

This old church was magnificent.



I loved the huge door.  In fact, I noticed that I have lots of pictures of doors from my trip.  I should do a whole blog on doors!  My obsession with doors probably says something disturbing about my psyche.  But if that's the case, then Susan should be committed. Just sayin'.


Here are our precious friends and co-workers in the kingdom.  Jean-Marie and Suzanne.
I will never see or hear the word hospitality again without thinking of these two.  

After a lovely lunch, we went downtown to their place of worship.


Tiny office with books to the ceiling.  This is definitely Jean's happy place.


Then they took us to an overlook of Lac Gillete, their water supply.
The Lion marks the border of, and looks into Germany.


(Note to self:  Pin this to "Favorite Places" on Pinterest)

As if we weren't still stuffed from Suzanne's spread at lunch...

 ...we stopped in Malmedy for an afternoon snack.

Have I mentioned that I ate Belgian waffles in Belgium? Hmmm?
Or that there would even be a question as to whether or not I would top them off with cream and Belgian chocolate syrup?  Hmmm?


Oh look...another door! :D

 Just thought I'd throw in some sights along the way to church Sunday morning.
Belgian Blue Cows

I bet HE doesn't have two GPS's.

After another "light lunch" at the Frerot's...

...we took a drive to Bastogne--which will be another post.

It was a long, but fantastic day that ended with pizza. (Everyone knows ya gotta have pizza on Sunday.)

The guys took forever finding a parking place while the girls entertained themselves in the restaurant.


We LOVED our time with the Frerot's and hated to say good-bye.  This was the emotional highlight of our trip.  Can't wait to see them again!





1 comment:

Jeanette Livingston said...

What a wonderful trip and getting to see missionaries is a special time. You have made lasting memories!