Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Still in Texas

Since the entire Tulsa metro is without power and still under Ice Storm conditions, I was warned to stay put. What a helpless feeling!!! Reminiscent of 9-11 and Hurricane Katrina, I have to watch from a distance as family and friends suffer. Jeff informed me that we've lost lots of trees and the whole area looks like a war zone. I'm told that Quik Trip is about the only place open and fights are breaking out to scoop up the last sausage roll! Our house in Tulsa has roof damage and water leaking into the house. No one knows when electricity will be restored.

On one hand, I'm happy to be here--with my husband--80 degree weather--TV, lights, computer, air conditioning :-). On the other hand, I want to be back home to take care of my family and property. My controlling personality has taken a huge hit. They can survive without me. Good to know.

No comments: