Thursday, March 06, 2008

Ernie Taught Me Well

Somehow I knew that all those mornings watching Sesame Street with Jacob would pay off some day. Tuesday, on my way to Bible study, I was listening to XM Talk Radio (I know--sure sign of senioritis) and the show on Oprah & Friends was a repeat. I switched to Broadminded but, as is sometimes the case, they were getting a little crude. I switched again, but instead of hitting the "channel" button, I hit the "mode" button (so confusing) and ended up on FM----KBEZ to be exact. Nothing against Easy Listening, just not my usual preference. Bob Cooper was "guest hosting" the show.....stay with me here....it all comes together in the end. They were getting ready for a contestant call-in to win tickets to Sesame Street Live, which Jacob and I went to a couple of years ago. The caller had to know the last line of Ernie's Rubber Ducky song and I thought, "I know the Rubber Ducky Song." So I grabbed my phone and started dialing. Busy...again...busy....again....busy. I kept redialing. Amazingly I got through. The catch---not only did I have to KNOW it, I had to SING it!!!! Singing is not a gift that God saw fit to give me. Anyway...to get to the point. I, DID, in fact, sing the last line, "Rubber Ducky, I'm awfully fond of you." Yeah!!! Winner!!!! Family 4-pack to Sesame Street Live. Now to the Bob Cooper connection. The only other time I won anything on the radio was about 20 years ago when a country station was giving away a "black box" filled with prizes. The contest went on for weeks, as people tried to guess the contents according to clues given throughout the day. One morning I called in while, guess who?, Bob Cooper was hosting the show. He must be my lucky charm. That time I won a trip to Cancun, cash (pesos) to spend on the trip, a VCR (big deal 20 years ago), a CD player (bigger deal 20 years ago), 10 CDs of my choice, 9 videos of my choice, and a personalized K95FM jacket. (No, I don't listen to Country anymore.) So, "Thank you, Ernie, thank you Jacob, and thank you Bob Cooper."

1 comment:

Terry Rush said...

You are smart everywhere!

Congratulations!

I love you today!