Thursday, March 13, 2008

Top Ten List

After being "tagged" several weeks ago, I not only listed random facts about myself, but it inspired me to also write about memories and now, the top 5 places I've seen or want to see. So I'm breaking it down into two lists.

Top Five Places I've Seen (in no particular order)

1. Niagara Falls--growing up near the Falls, I can't count how many times I've been there. But it never gets old. I began a tradition with my first niece, Heather, who we took to Canada when she was 13. When Morgan turned 13, I took her, then Chelsea when she was 13. (Stormi will be my last -- 4 years from now since my niece on MY side LIVES in Canada.) Morgan was the first to talk me into riding the Maid of the Mist to the base of the Falls. I'm so glad she did, because even though it is amazing from any perspective, the sheer power of the Falls can't be felt until you're right below them.

2. Great Britain--England/Scotland--Brighton Beach, the Castles, the Cathedrals, the history, the pubs (best fish & chips in the world), Stonehenge, Bed & Breakfasts, Bath, the Lake District, St. Andrews, the North Sea, Dunnottar Castle, Loch Ness, the English countryside, the highlands in Scotland, LONDON!, the Changing of the Guard--did we really do all that in 10 days?!?! I would love to do it all over again.

3. The Big Apple--Manhattan, Times Square, Shows on Broadway (we saw Fiddler on the Roof), Central Park, Grand Central Terminal, United Nations, Trump Tower, Rockefeller Center, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Ellis Island, Ground Zero, Empire State Building. I Heart NY!

4. Jamaica and Grand Cayman--I'll lump these together since they are my favorite destinations on a Caribbean Cruise. The beaches, the sunshine, the relaxation. Sounds really good right now. Just say the word and I'm on the boat.

5. Baton Rouge/New Orleans--we spent two years living in Baton Rouge and it was two of the best years of my life. Southern Louisiana is like a different country. History, plantations, sugar cane, cajun food, architecture, swamps, live oaks, cajun food, party atmosphere, gators, Mardi Gras, cajun food, great people, warm winter, spanish moss, cajun food. I miss it.
Top Five Places I Want to See:
1. Israel
2. Rome/Paris -- maybe in same trip?
3. Cape Cod
4. Hawaii
5. Western Canada (Vancouver) / Alaska -- same trip?



2 comments:

Wilma said...

Sharing those pictures was very nostalgic. Thanks for reminding me of the many great times we have had.

Shelly Collins said...

Wow, you are well traveled! I'm jealous.
Thank you for your encouraging words this week Lita. :)