Thursday, March 27, 2008

Why Jacob Wants to Live with Nana

Last week was Spring Break. On Thursday, Jacob decided he needed to have a "Nana Day." I think I needed a "Jacob Day." After getting our make-up on (I DID remove his before leaving the house) we made a trip to Wal-Mart. At the very mention of Wal-Mart, Jacob began asking if he could get a toy, and since I don't often buy him things, I agreed. We wandered up and down the toy aisles, trying to make the perfect choice. He was very particular and finally decided on a Play Doh Alien Maker. As I bought groceries, he had many suggestions, and I gave in to Trix, Whoppers, and Bubble Gum. Lunch was at McDonalds, then back home to make aliens. Whenever the Play Doh comes out, he insists on Nana performing major feats of sculptured art. As long as he thinks I make the best elephant in the world....I'll keep making elephants. It was a pretty warm day, so after a couple of hours of alien-creating, we spent some time in the sand box, then came inside for an afternoon snack of Trix. Jacob watched cartoons while I shoveled cereal into his open mouth. Trix are very crunchy, and Jacob said, (eyes glued to the TV) "my teeth are fast, Nana." Saturday night, Jeremy, Trista, Jacob and Lauren came for a visit. Jacob informed his Momma and Daddy that he wanted to live with Nana. Why wouldn't he?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I want to come live with you!