Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sick Days

For the second day in a row, Jacob has needed some TLC. After a trip to Urgent Care on Sunday, and a diagnosis of strep, he was started on antibiotic. Yesterday, he still didn't feel good so he came to my house. Although he wasn't as "high energy" as usual, he seemed to be on the mend. He did what I call "quiet things" like puzzles, books, viewmaster. I've debated about describing one of our conversations, and decided it's just too good not have in the Blevins' memoirs.

Nana: "I'm going to the bathroom, I'll be back in a minute."
Jacob: "I'll come wif you."
(Obvious action takes place.)
Jacob: "Nana, you pee-peein'?"
Nana: "Yep, but I think I have to poop."
Jacob walks to the door way, then pokes his head back in and holds up one hand--palm facing me. "Just relax, Nana."
Good advice.


Today, Jacob felt even worse than yesterday. Throwing up and diarrhea last night. He didn't even ask for toys this morning, just went straight to the couch and spent most of the day sleeping. Trista took him to the doctor this afternoon and he thinks its a virus...on top of the strep. Poor baby.

No comments: