Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Is There Such a Thing?

I've been in a funk this last week. My stress level is high, my hormones are low, and I can't seem to get enough sleep. I cry often. In April I had an episode that I thought was a heart attack. It began just before my phone call from Neal and he insisted I call Jeremy to come over. Jeremy came, Trista called in a panic, wondering if she should call 911, Kenny & JoAnn arrived shortly thereafter (Trista had called them). The symptoms subsided, but my father-in-law encouraged me to have it checked out. I've also been experiencing periods of "heart fluttering" (probably not the medical term) that Janet thinks are panic attacks. Anyway-----I had an EKG last week that was normal, but the doctor wants me to have a stress test, which will happen on Friday. Last night Neal had the audacity to say "what have you got to be stressed about?...you live a stress-free life." Grrrrrrr! Is there such a thing? Aren't we all under a lot of stress? When I started listing my stressors out loud, they didn't sound so daunting. Maybe it's just that I've been out of my hormone balancing cream for over a week. Neighbor Susan (Super Alan's wife--what would we do without them?) to the rescue. She happened to have a new bottle at home. Janet also had an extra, which she offered. What kind of Arbonne Consultant doesn't keep a reserve on hand!?!? Hope it starts working soon since we will have the grandkids Thursday afternoon through Saturday morning. Jeremy & Trista will be going to Las Vegas to attend Trista's brother's graduation. Neal has Friday off, which will make it possible for me to keep my appointment for the stress test. Speaking of Jeremy & Trista, here are some of their latest pictures:

5 comments:

Amy said...

What a pretty family. Good luck on your stress test, try not to stress about it : )

Anonymous said...

So which is the stress test. The treadmill or babysitting the grandkids?

Anonymous said...

Those are such good pictures of Jeremy's family. I can't believe everyone is smiling at the same time!

Forgot you were babysitting. Wanted you to workout with me this afternoon.

Janet

Unknown said...

Linda-----good question.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lita..
I read your blog to keep up with your beautiful grandkids! I saw the recent pics I did of them and read the comments! Feel free to give out my number to anyone who is interested!
They are such great kids.

Jenny Connell - Jenny White Photography