Friday, May 30, 2008

It's a Done Deal

Today we signed the papers, handing over our beloved Tulsa home to the Hendricks. It's the easiest transition we've ever made in buying or selling a house. Basically, Jonathan did all the work. Doesn't hurt that he's a loan officer. We don't have the usual anxiety about strange people living in OUR house. It gives us great peace and comfort in knowing the loving family that will inhabit what was once our home. I can't think of anyone I'd rather have living there. The Hendricks brought a sweet "thank you" gift to the closing today. And I really mean SWEET. A box of chocolates from the famous KoKoa Chocolatiers. Didn't take me long, once in the car, to dive in and sink my teeth into a dark chocolate truffle.
I "borrowed" this photo from one of Jessica's blogs, since my hard drive crash a few months ago obliterated all my photos. I hope they enjoy many years of happiness in this house.

3 comments:

jessica said...

That's so sweet of you.

Glad you like the chocolates.

JeanetteLivingston said...

So, are ya'll retired? No more work for Neal? Ya'll just gonna farm the land?

Unknown said...

Hardly! Neal is working 50 hours a week AND taking care of the farm. Since leaving the job at BP, the income has suffered severely. Retirement is a LONG WAY OFF!