Thursday, July 09, 2009

Casanova

I spent Wednesday with my grandson.  Although Jacob is getting better about not needing my undivided attention every second of our time together, he can still be quite demanding. So my brilliant idea was to let him help me with the chores, one of which was to Swiffer the floors. Since the weather was colder than expected, and he came in flip flops, we had to resort to a pair of my socks to keep his feet warm.  

He probably picked up more dust with the socks than the Swiffer, but whatever, my floors look shiny, right?


A lot of time was spent in our fort, which ended up full of army men and weapons made from Tinker Toys and a Sponge Bob lunch box full of ammo.



I'm working on cutting back on my caffeine intake, so by mid-afternoon, I REALLY needed a nap.  I suggested we lay in the fort and watch TV awhile...my eyelids were getting very heavy. And just as a reminder that you have to stay on your toes with kids and not get caught sleeping, Jacob began "smoking" one of the Tinker Toys.

I had to chuckle, and the more I did, the more he hammed it up.  Then he leaned back on one elbow and said, (in classic Joey Tribbiani style) "How you doin'?"

Oh boy, Jeremy and Trista are gonna have their hands full with this one.

2 comments:

Wilma said...

What a cool dude!

Terry Rush said...

This guy is most definitely a Blevins kid!