Friday, July 24, 2009

What'd You Do Friday Night?

Friday nights have changed drastically from my younger days...in the city.

I cooked steaks on the grill for supper (we say supper in the country, not "dinner").  We used to go out to eat on Friday nights *sigh*.  Ahhh, the good old days.

Then we went to Walmart.  To get a new air compressor...WOO HOO!  I wore the same thing I wore to the gym.  An oversized Husker Homerun Club t-shirt and some cut-off sweats that I bought at a garage sale.  Because I've become that woman.  The one who doesn't even glance in the mirror before trapsing off to Walmart "as is."

We came straight back home without so much as a treat from Sonic. *heavy sigh*

Here's what we did next.  (Don't tell me you're not sitting on the edge of your chair.)



Neal sawed tree branches while perched on the front loader of the tractor.




And who was behind the wheel, controlling the lever to raise him up to such great heights?



HA!  ME!  I finally get my chance to drive the tractor!  Sweet.



Now that's what I call "TRUST."



And this is the look I got for goofing off with the camera instead of taking my job seriously.  Okay, okay...I gotcha honey.

So what did YOU do on Friday night?

3 comments:

Wilma said...

Friday night? This is already Saturday! I can't remember Friday night!

JeanetteLivingston said...

I ate a bowl of cereal and went to bed early....I didn't even get to go to Walmart OR grill steaks.

Heather said...

You may be a big T-shirt & garage sale sweat pants woman, but you will NEVER be this woman:

"Debra Jackson said she likes shopping at the Dollar Palace because it is convenient and casual.
'I don't have to get all dressed up like I'm going to wal-Mart or something'"