Thursday, July 16, 2009

How Is This Possible?


YESTERDAY...




TODAY...


Jacob will be FIVE years old tomorrow. It doesn't seem possible. A few days ago, I sat down with him to ask him a few questions.  Sort of a record of his thinking process at the age of five. Jacob is NOT a man of few words. Most of the questions required a long dissertation and I had to interrupt him to get on with the next questions.  Then he began suggesting questions for me to ask him! So here goes.

Nana:  Who is your best friend?
Jacob:  Ummmm...Nana?  (good answer)
N:  What do you want for your birthday?
J:  I want a pirate ship so I can put all my pirate stuff in.
N:  What's your favorite food?
J:  Maybe broccoli--it makes me strong and healthy.
N:  What do you NOT like to eat?
J:  Deers...like the hair on it's head. 
N:  What's your favorite thing to do at school?
J:  Learn and play with toys.
N:  How high can you count?
J:  About 30 feet high.
N:  What do you want to be when you grow up?
J:  I'd like to be a daddy like my daddy so I can have a sharp knife--but they're not for play.
N:  If you could do anything you want today, what would it be?
J:  Play with Husker and Sissy and Momma and Daddy on the trampoline and Piercen and Baylor with the toys.
N:  If you could have any animal for a pet, what would it be?
J:  A baby sheep--that my dog couldn't tear his hair off cause he would be naked and he would be pink and a kangaroo with a baby in his pouch.
N:  What's your favorite sport?
J:  Soccer and baseball and hockey and the olympics.
N:  Who do you think you're going to marry?
J:  I don't marry anyone--I'm just a kid.
N:  Does anything scare you?
J:  No.  Not gooey monsters cause I can get the hair spray and spray 'em and they'll melt down.
N:  What is your favorite toy?
J:  Power Ranger swords.
N:  Do you want more sisters and brothers or just Sissy?
J:  I want more bruvers and sisters, cause when Sissy grows up and is a girl, then I will have a bruver and we will call him Deer Hunter.

Now for your viewing pleasure....a glimpse into Jacob's first five years:



6 comments:

jessica said...

Oh my goodness Lita that was so sweet! I love it!

Amy said...

Jacob is such a great little boy! (Can I still call him little?) He has the best little personality and is too cute. Happy Birthday Jacob!

JeanetteLivingston said...

Oh Lita that was totally awesome. I absolutely loved it.

Wilma said...

AWWWW that was so special. Happy Birthday Jacob!

Terry Rush said...

You could do Lita King Live if Larry ever retires.

I enjoy all you share!

Linda said...

Love it. Thanks for bringing back the memories.