Monday, July 06, 2009

Decisions, decisions.....


Last night, we finished hanging two of our umpteen gates.  Neal not only ingeniously designed the hinges, but also welded them together and then onto the fence posts.  And I helped.  Notice the obvious absence of photos of me in a welding hood.  Mostly I just held some do-hickies steady while he did the fun stuff.  I also lent my scrutinizing eyes to the "levelness" of the gate before each weld.




But after finishing, much to Neal's chagrin, I questioned our color scheme.  (He sure does roll his eyes a lot these days.)  As you can see, we hung the white gate next to the red barn.... 


And the red gate is in the middle of the white fence...


Before you chime in with your expert decorating opinion, I must inform you that the fence next to the barn will eventually be painted white.
And don't miss the subtle resemblance of the red gate to the shingles and door of the house...





Now you are free to give me your comments.





3 comments:

JeanetteLivingston said...

I totally love the color coordination you picked. You should get a job as an interior designer. You Go Girl!

Wilma said...

I think it is beautiful. Your farm looks so manicured.

Terry Rush said...

I think you should switch the gates. Or, keep the gates and switch the fence.

Only my opinion.