Saturday, January 02, 2010

Boot Camp

Today was the first day of Boot Camp. Thought I needed a little variety in my workout routine. So at 8:00 this morning I, along with 9 others, began our training with Smiley (bottom left photo), a body builder/former Gladiator contestant/youth pastor. Go ahead...click on the link. I'll wait for you........... I've watched him train others and always said if I ever got a personal trainer, I'd want it to be him. He doesn't yell and cuss like Bob & Jillian and he always has words of encouragement.

Now, I've been working out, to some degree, for over 20 years. When I work out with the hubby, he tells me to "go for the burn," which I have always interpreted as "keep doing reps until your muscle is fatigued and you don't think you can do any more." I didn't realize until TODAY that there is an actual...literal...BURN. I mean my muscles were ON FIRE!!!

At one point, while doing wall squats with dumbbells, my left thigh began quivering uncontrollably. And when I partnered with my extremely fit and strong daughter-in-law to do bicep curls with a shared band, I thought she was going to sling shot me into the mirrored wall.

At the end of the hour, Smiley told us that we would increase the intensity as time goes on. Say what?

1 comment:

Terry Rush said...

Way to go Lita!

After you get through training I'm going to get you a sweatshirt to wear as you walk alongside me at the workshop:

IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT TERRY SAYS....TAKE IT UP WITH ME!

Whew! I'm feeling safe now!