Saturday, January 23, 2010

Random Thoughts

Warning: I'm writing this blog out of sheer boredom.

Yesterday came close to my Ferris Buehler day off. Breakfast at IHOP, morning nap, bargains at the mall, Olive Garden for lunch, afternoon matinee, Texas A-1 Steak House for dinner. Neal telling me all day..."whatever YOU want to do."

Five whole days away from the gym. This is the third day and I'm slowly realizing I'm addicted. An intervention may be necessary. I tried to do some of the things we've done at Boot Camp this morning. I'm sure the guests in the room below weren't too thrilled. But Smiley would be proud.

Left Jeff in charge of the homefront. Scary. Desperate call from him last night..."Is there a secret hiding place for the extra toilet paper?"

Grandkids called last night -- "I want to come to you house." "When are you coming home?" "Is Papa coming home?" "When it gets warm, can we swim?"

Bought a 5-cup coffee maker yesterday because hubby's cheap residence hotel "nickel and dimes" you for all the "extras." Also bought coffee and filters, but nothing to drink from. (You can "buy" a set of dishes at the front desk.) Resorted to a plastic Solo cup. And don't think I wouldn't drink it straight from the pot if I had to.

I think Sasquatch lives in the room above us. Hmm. The guests below us probably think the same thing after my morning Boot Camp.

I brought 2 novels, 1 Bible Study, and 1 Spanish language book...none of which interests me right now. *yawn* Maybe it's time for a nap.

1 comment:

Shelly Collins said...

Mmm, your day of sounds quite dreamy!