Monday, December 22, 2008

Conversations with Jacob

I spent the day with Jacob and here are some of the blog-worthy conversations we had.

Running errands:

Jacob: Can we go to Warmart and buy a toy?

Me: It's too close to Christmas, you'll be getting lots of toys from Santa.

Jacob: If we don't go to Warmart, I'm not gonna be your fwend. You're mean. (arms crossed and pouty face)

Me: Well, if you're not gonna be my friend, then I guess you can't help me make cookies today. (two can play at this game)

Jacob: Okayyyyy. I'll be your fwend.

**********

Jacob: Nana, you read this book (Terry's Village Catalog) and I'll read this book (toy catalog). Santa will bwing me this...Santa will bwing me this...Santa will bwing me this...Santa will bwing me this...(to infinity).

Me: Oh, this is cute, I like this.

Jacob: If you buy ALL of these, you can decowate your house...and your fwiends can come see...and Santa will bwing you more pwesents...and he will be glad." (good to know)

Me: (trying to sneak in some computer keystrokes)

Jacob: WHOEVER IS NOT WEADIN' THEIR BOOK, SANTA CLAUSE IS NOT BWINGING PWESENTS!

Me: Okay, okay, I'm reading. (soon my eyes and fingers drift back to the keyboard)

Jacob: (slapping his forehead) Oh man! If...whoever....is NOT...weadin' their book...I'm gonna go lay on the couch.

**********

After the baking session and sugar rush......Jacob jumping from armchair to armchair.....

Me: Jacob, don't jump on the furniture.

One last leap to my chair.

Me: trying to give him the "raised eyebrow evil eye" that I used to get from my dad

Jacob: (laughing) Your eyes are big. Do it again.

Me: this time really concentrating on a menacing look

Jacob: That cwacks me up!

**********

The old two-handed sprinkle method.



Traditional Christmas shapes, but since he now knows where I keep my cookie cutters, we also had a turkey, a heart and a 4-leaf clover!

1 comment:

JeanetteLivingston said...

That is hilarious! You have much more control than I do. I buy them something everytime and get fussed at cuz of it. Those cookies look yummy.