Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Tuesdays with Lauren

I concede...it was well worth it to put up the decorations this year, just to see Lauren's eyes light up as she discovered each ornament on the tree.

I also pulled out the singing, dancing snowman that I stole from Darla Fleming in a Dirty Santa exchange at BancFirst. Lauren squealed, "A PENGUIN!" I can see the resemblance.

Lauren quickly made friends with the snowman and had fun pushing the button to make him sing and dance.


She hugged him, carried him around, scolded him and even gave him a few good spankings.

And the poor little guy sang and danced so much that we had to replace the batteries!

Wow! She really does look like Jacob, doesn't she?

The temperatures dropped throughout the day today as the "norther" blew in. When we came home from Bible Study, the wind was excruciating. She insisted that I carry her from the car to the house, along with her backpack and blanket, and my Bible and purse. Did I mention that she weighs a ton? When we got to the back door, I was putting my key in the lock when she gave me the quote of the day: "Its fwiggin code!"

1 comment:

JeanetteLivingston said...

That is so funny. I remember the winters in So. Dak. that wind goes thru every layer of clothing you have on. Stay warm.