Monday, December 08, 2008

Signs of Stress?

There's a lot going on this time of year. Besides the usual holiday stress, my father-in-law is in the hospital recovering from lung surgery and waiting for pathology reports. We are planning a faraway Christmas trip that requires additional preparation. I have placed myself under further stress by putting myself ahead a week. (Who told me there were only 3 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year?) Jeff flies home on the 19th and I was sure that that was THIS Friday. Today, I arrived early for my semi-annual dental appointment, so I made use of the extra time to sit in my car and review my calendar. Oops. My appointment isn't until NEXT Monday. My bad. Somebody please tell me you make these kinds of mistakes!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I definately make these types of mistakes. I was driving to pick up Hannah this afternoon and pulled into the church parking lot before I realized I missed my turn. I was headed to Pretty Water school a couple of weeks ago and ended up on the turnpike to OKC. Go figure. It is a distracting time of year.
Love ya
Caren

Jenny said...

At least you showed up for the dental appointment a week early. I am known for showing up a week LATE and trying to explain that I thought it was that day. Very embarrasing:)

jessica said...

I am a week ahead of my calendar too. I called Janet and left her a message this morning to make sure she was still keeping Joel for the afternoon while I worked in Jack's class room and then I looked at my calendar and realized the commitment I had made was for next Monday.

Also, yesterday I was heading to work and Jonathan was driving to church and instead of going to work at the mall I followed him to the church building. I didn't realize the mistake I had made until pulling into the church parking lot.

Now that I think about it maybe I need a break from things. Hope this makes you feel better.