Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Extremes

I was busy yesterday. After laundry and dishes, I wrote several cards and letters to the sick, bereaved, and imprisoned. I showed up for my dental appointment--on the right day this time (you go girl!)--and had my semi-annual cleaning and check-up. Called to check on an elderly woman from church who has been sick and went to the pharmacy to pick up some items for her. Got her mail for her as well, since there was ice around her mail box. Worked out at the gym with Janet for almost 2 hours. Came home and made chili and cornbread for my hard-working hubby and had a roaring fire underway when he got home from work. Busy, busy, busy. Busy is my middle name. Actually, my middle name is Fern, but we won't talk about that.

Today has been somewhat different. My love affair with the internet has brought me to ruin. I just HAD to see the cute dancing video Trista sent me and make one of my OWN, but my DSL speed wouldn't allow me to see the fluid dance movements. And who knows, if it's good enough, maybe DWTS will see it and ask me to be one of their next contestants! It could happen. So this morning, after a long phone conversation with my mom, I decided to call AT&T and get some support in connecting my laptop directly to the DSL cable (which up until this time has not worked). Two hours later, I'm hooked up to the internet in the kitchen, but have no land lines!!! Erghh! Okay, so back to the office, where NOW I get internet, but it's still not fast enough for the technical dance moves. And now I can't connect through the router. More phone calls and configurations, and now we're back to where we started. I was in my p.j.'s until 4:30, hadn't brushed my teeth all day, and all I've had to eat is pumpkin bread and SlimFast. This is what happens when you're home alone all day.

If you want to see the video that started this whole day of wastefulness you can see it here.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OH WOW - I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants. That is too funny.

JeanetteLivingston said...

to answer your comment on my blog, if there are no lighst on the tree where is the fire hazard coming from? Plus it is hot so we have our AC on and no heater. Just a thought.

Shelly Collins said...

Variety is the spice of life right! I'm home alone in my pj's right now, this could be bad. :)

That elf thing is very popular, it is hilarious though.