Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Tuesdays with Lauren

Lauren wasn't herself...excited, happy, cooperative...when I picked her up. She's taking the "pink medicine" for a double ear infection, which may explain the issues she was having. But with Mommy's help, we got her buckled in and were off to Bible Study. I had a Christmas CD playing (determined to get into the spirit) and she would have none of that. "No, Nana, the Bear." Meaning, the Baby Genius CD. Thankfully, we are off the Ring around the Rosy kick. Today's song of choice was "fingoos" which interpreted is "Where is Thumbkin?" Once we arrived at BSF, Lauren did NOT want to go to class. Me: "Don't you want to see Miss LeAnne?" Lauren: "No." Me: "You'll get to play outside!" Lauren: "No." Me: "All your friends will be waiting for you." Lauren: "No." Do you see a pattern? Then we had a coat issue. Didn't want to take it off. Oh well...see ya later LeAnne...have a good morning!

But when I picked her up, all issues had been resolved and she was my sweet little Lauren again. LeAnne and I had a good laugh about her new coat....tag still attached. Mommy is a very busy lady!


We made a trip to Janet's office to (as Lauren says) make "coffees" (copies). Then had lunch at Mazzios. She's a good eater and after eating some pizza and part of my salad, I got some cinnamon bread from the buffet. Ohhhhhh. That was gooooood. We both savored every bite. A girl after my own heart. The last two bites she took, she simply sucked the cinnamon, sugar and melted butter out and spit the bread in the plate. Atta girl!

On the drive home we had this conversation:

Lauren: Nana, need keenex.
Me: (reaching into console and pulling out napkin) Here you go.
Lauren: Got a booger.
Me: Okay. Put it in the napkin.
Lauren: See?
Me: (Keeping my eyes on the road.) Yeah.
Lauren: NANA! SEE????
Me: (Reluctantly looking into the rearview mirror.) OH! YEAH! That's a booger alright.
Lauren: Is gose.
Me: Yeah, it's gross. Put it in the napkin (FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!).

Don't let the angelic face fool you. The girl likes to show off her boogers.


Yes, that is a Christmas tree in the background. I couldn't handle the pressure. (Jessica and Roger) By evening it was completely decorated. You can all stop worrying about me now.

1 comment:

JeanetteLivingston said...

That conversation was hilarious. I was holding the door for Asher to go outside and I said "OUT OF SHOOT NUMBER 99 RIDING BUCK NAKED!"
He said "Mimi I not naked I dwessed!" What funny little grandkids we have.