Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary


Over the past 3 years, I've used my blog to brag on my grandchildren, chronicle our move to the country, and on rare occasions, vent frustrations and take jabs at my husband. So today, on our 32nd wedding anniversary, I'm dedicating my post to Neal. Because...all joking aside...he is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Here are some of the reasons I love this man:

1. He loves ME. Unconditionally. Totally. With all his being.
2. He tells me almost daily that he loves me.
3. He tells me I'm beautiful.
4. He is the hardest worker I have ever known.
5. He has grown spiritually to a level I never expected to see.
6. He puts my needs (and wants) before his. Every time.
7. He kisses me on the cheek every morning before dawn as he's leaving for a long day of work, while I lie nestled in my cozy bed.
8. He calls my parents on their birthdays, usually before I do.
9. He forgives me before I even ask.
10. Though I've told him several times that there's no need to "waste" money on roses this year, he has never missed an anniversary complete with red roses and a mushy, sappy, sweet, tear-jerking card. (They were on the table this morning when I dragged myself out of bed.)
11. He makes me laugh. With all his red-neck phrases and pronunciations, he knows what makes me smile even when I'm depressed and hormonal.
12. He's physically strong. With my scrawny body and bad back, I need a strong man!
13. He'll eat anything. And never complain. Though he might crack a joke. Which will make me laugh. (Like our first year of marriage when I asked what to do with the left-over mashed potatoes and he said, "I don't know, does anything need to be glued around here?)
14. He never meets a stranger. He can hold a conversation with anyone, which takes the pressure off of me.
15. He has taught me that the "finer" things in life are the "simple" things. And that sometimes a day spent working on the fence together followed by an evening on the porch swing can give me the warmest, fuzziest feeling.

Happy Anniversary, Honey. I love you.

5 comments:

Wilma said...

I will echo those qualities. Though I am viewing them from a mother-in-laws point of view. I am so happy to have him as a son-in-law. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU TWO!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! You and Neal set a great example for me and Jeremy to follow. Thanks for all you both do for our family.

Jenny said...

32 YEARS! We would like to see a wedding picture. Did Neal have hair? Post! Post!

Unknown said...

Great idea Jenny.

Anonymous said...

What a great way to share your anniversary with all of us. Happy Belated anniversary!

Terri