Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Highs and Lows

I know, I know, it's Tuesday.  LAUREN's day.  And I promise I will get to that pronto.  Bear with me.

High:  Neal is always repeating to me conversations that he has with Mike (my son's F-I-L) on their drive to and from work each day.  He likes to exaggerate my culinary skills and rub it in about what a good dinner I had lovingly prepared for him the night before, describing each dish in such detail it would make Martha Stewart's mouth water.  Last night he told me that he had bragged to Mike that I had spotted a deer in a tree line on 97 and pointed it out to him.  In fact, not really believing me (I often pretend I see deer, just to watch his reaction) he stopped the truck, turned around and retraced our route, and confirmed there were, in fact, three deer in the brush.  Mike was in disbelief.  Neal's chest swelled in pride.  All these years...if I'd only known....

Low:  I realized last night that I had eaten THREE biscuits yesterday.  An early doctor's appointment left me no time for breakfast, so while waiting on my prescription I made a quick stop at McD's for a sausage, egg & biscuit.  Then made biscuits for supper and after eating one and a half, decided to go ahead and finish off the other half.  And that's all I have to say about that. 

No comments: