Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Tuesdays with Lauren

Two weeks ago I was in Mexico.  Last week I was coughing uncontrollably and lay on the couch with an ice bag on my head all day.  So after missing two weeks of BSF and Tuesdays with Lauren, it was good to get back into the routine.  When I picked her up this morning, Trista said that all she could talk about all morning was "goin' to Bible."  She sang all the way...a medley of Jesus Loves Me and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.  I'm sure it was a symphony to God's ears.  On the way home she said, "Go to Nana's house?"  Yep, goin' to Nana's house.  "See Gwampa Smith?"  Oh, sorry honey, Gwampa and Gwamma went back to Canada today.  Oh yeah, we had a great visit with my parents.  One night, we went to Jeremy 'n Trista's and when we walked through the door, Lauren ignored us all and ran straight for my dad, screaming "Gwampa!!!!"  After that, I don't think Dad even needed the plane to fly high all the way back to Canada.

Before naptime we, as usual, read a few books.  In the middle of "Duck Wants to Swim" (a pop-up book) the dog that should pop up was torn out a long time ago by little Lauren's quick hands.  We always make some comment on that page about how the dog was torn out, and how sad that we can't see the dog anymore.  This time, Lauren said, "Awwwwww, where's the dog?"  To which I said, "Remember, you tore him out."  And she said, "No, YOU did."  Next book--"I Am a Monster."  Now about half-way through this book, part of a page was torn out by little Jacob a long time ago.  It's still readable, but obvious that part of the page is missing.  When we got to that page, Lauren said, "Oh no, is torn."  I said, "Yeah, Jacob tore that when he was just a baby." Lauren replied, "No, YOU tored it."  I'm getting blamed for everything today.  Maybe that explains why after putting puzzles together today, she warned me, "Non't mess it up, Nana."  I'll sure try.

I have a new camera, which I played with today, taking several pictures of Lauren.  NONE of them turned out good.  


My attempt.  (Must keep practicing)

Trista's shot, using my camera the night before.
She's much better at this photography thing than me.

No comments: