Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Tuesdays with Lauren

Once Lauren has conned me into letting her do something I NEVER would have let my own kids do, she does not forget it.  Instead, she thinks it the norm to be able to play in my make-up drawer, eat grated cheese from a bowl and play in my purse all the way to Bible study.  Besides wanting to take all my credit cards into class with her, and the fact that "Shake Your Booty" took the place of  "Jesus Loves Me/Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" on the morning drive, all was smooth.  Her teachers said she had a great morning, and apparently they weren't lying, because she really wasn't ready to leave.  Miss LeeAnn finished the book she was reading to her while I stood patiently in the hallway.  C'mon sweetie, you're supposed to come running to Nana with your arms held high, ecstatic that I've come to rescue you!

At Janet's office, Lauren was less mischievous than last week (besides the fact that Janet got smart and locked her top drawer in a flash when we arrived) and was content to remove all the paper clips from the tray and line them up in a row...big ones together...little ones together.  She's been watching her OCD brother. ;-)

We made a trip to Atwoods, where I told her that if she was good, we'd get gum.  She preferred the big honkin' orange riding lawn mower.  (No, I didn't buy it for her.  I also forgot to buy gum.)  When we got home, Lauren wanted to give Gracie her "treat" but then quickly showed her back through the gate.  She has little patience for the 45 pound Basset jumping up and knocking her down.

That's enough fun and games, Gracie, now back in the pen you go!

Posing for me while I play with my camera.

After lunch we made a few play-doh aliens before reading our standard 4 to 5 books before nap.



I think the Daylight Savings Time has done a number on her.  She was not her usual, cooperative self when it came to naptime.  And it's not so much crying, it's the looks she can give you!  I blame them on Trista, but sometimes I see a mirror image and I shoot the look right back at her.  Yeah, you got nuttin' on me, girlfriend.

Trista came early, after a conference with Jacob's teacher, and we had to wake Lauren from her nap.  She was none too happy about that either!  After prying my Gap and Express card from her tight little fist (oh, Jeremy, you've got some trying years ahead), they were off.  Another Tuesday with Lauren in the books.









No comments: