Sunday, March 22, 2009

Soccer Blues

Yesterday was Jacob's first soccer game.  Oh, the excitement of donning the new uniform, lacing up the new cleats, dribbling the shiny soccer ball to the playing field!  Ah, good times.

Go Jacob!


Run Jacob, run!!!


Whew!  Three minutes into the game...it's time for a drink!

Starting to lose steam.


"Nobody will let me score."


"Piercen, you cover me, and I'll take it in to the net."

"Go tell Baylor to let me score."

"Baylor, here's the plan....."

"Okay, one more time...oops wrong way."

Now, I know that a picture is supposed to be worth a thousand words, but I would've given anything for my new camera to have audio. Here are some of the clips you would've heard:

"I hate soccer."



Coach:  "Is everyone having fun?"
Jacob:  "I'm not having fun!"



Jeremy:  "You are the only one crying.  Look out there, no one else is crying.  Just you.  Now quit crying or I'll give you something to cry about."


Jacob:  "I'm never playing soccer again."



2 comments:

JeanetteLivingston said...

Oh I can so relate!

jessica said...

Poor guy!