Monday, September 08, 2008

Big D

I returned home last night from a girls-only weekend in Dallas. One of my long-time BFFs, Janell, is now working with and has become good friends with my former sister-in-law and forever friend, Mary Ann. Hence, they have also become BFFs. So the three of us took a break from our real lives and headed to Big D for food, fun and shopping. On Saturday we were joined by another of Mary Ann's friends, Leigh, who rounded out our foursome. Janell, who lived in Dallas several years, introduced us to IKEA. Yeah...that's what I'm talkin' about! I think we spent four hours there! We really need one in Sand Springs (the old Walmart/Cheapo Depo building is my suggestion) or even somewhere in Tulsa or OKC would be fine. Leigh had to return to Wichita Falls Saturday night and the rest of us stayed up talking way past my bedtime. But here we are on Sunday morning, rested and refreshed...


If we can't have an IKEA, my next suggestion is "Sprouts". That's where we went on Sunday, much to Janell's delight and my reluctance. We came to Dallas to go to a grocery store? Really? But I did like Sprouts and even bought some walnuts and almonds for Neal and a basil plant for myself.
Today is catch-up day. This morning I vacuumed the pool since I'm closing it tomorrow. I also took an unplanned, unexpected, unintentional last dip in the pool. That pole and vacuum can get away from you fast! Gotta go get my drenched clothes out of the dryer now! Stay tuned for pics of Jacob's first day of school.

7 comments:

Wilma said...

You may have to start wearing "floaties" when you clean the pool!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Lita, but MA is my BFF. I simply let you borrow her for the weekend. Since you had Janell first, you may claim her...

just a simple clarification,no hard feelings

Heather's Aunt Flunky

Unknown said...

Sorry, I don't know who "Aunt Flunky" is....but if you are Heather's aunt and are NOT one of MA's sisters, I knew her first! Therefore, until that is clarified, I will lay claim to both of them.

Anonymous said...

Ok Lita,
I will grudgingly bow to your prior claims. But I have to tell you that keeping HB *and* MA *and* Janell to yourself makes you look greedy. You certainly do not seem greedy...

just sayin'
Aunt Flunky

ask Heather, I live in Denver with her Uncle Curly Dog.

Shelly Collins said...

How is Sprouts different than Whole Foods in Tulsa? Just curious. Thanks for the comment...I'd love to get in on some of your beef! When are you planning this? Whatever you do, don't name the cows!

Unknown said...

Shelly, I've never been to Whole Foods in Tulsa. You'll have to fill me in.

Kelly, you obviously don't know me very well because I can be very greedy at times. Especially when it comes to relationships. But I will gladly share HB and MA and MAYBE Janell as long it doesn't interfere with my plans.

Shelly Collins said...

Whole Food's is a national chain. The location at 41st used to be Wild Oats but Whole Food's took it over. Just a healthy, all natural, organic kind of grocery store. They have cosmetics too. It's on 41st and Peoria. It's worth going just for the smell. :)