Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday Night is Out-to-Dinner Night

USUALLY, Friday night we go out to eat. But since we're trying to save money as well as watch waistlines, I cooked dinner again tonight. While at the table, Neal asked if I'd seen "the bull" today. I admitted that I hadn't really looked, but hadn't noticed any sign (if ya know what I mean). He mentioned putting his NEW (did I mention we're trying to save money?) deer feeder together and I advised him that it probably was a bad idea until we knew for sure Mr. Blackbull was gone for good. When we finished eating, we went out back to see if the deer were feeding and if they were being joined by Mr. Blackbull. Whoa, Nelly! Not only was HE back, but apparently he had brought his friends and family--seven in all. Neal has planted all sorts of good stuff for the deer to eat...rye, clover, chickory, etc. and I guess the bull thought it would be a nice treat for the herd, it being Friday night and all.

3 comments:

Wilma said...

Didn't I hear you talk about getting some cows? Nothing like getting them to just move in. They look right at home----kinda like Otis!!

jessica said...

That is so funny! It reminds me of growing up in the country. There were always stray cows or bulls in our yard. Fun times!

Unknown said...

Looks like you could save a bundle, if you are into eating red meat...lol