Monday, September 29, 2008

Update on Liam


You guessed it, this is Liam with the OSU Men's Basketball team, along with a mountain of stuffed animals (that's Liam in the middle--kinda looks like a scene from E.T.). I wish I had a great report for you, but Liam is still not doing well. I think he's holding out for the OU Football team. There is still some leakage from his kidney and his pancreas numbers are still way too high. I think Kathy said it was about 205 today and it needs to be 60. He's been throwing up a lot and has had to endure countless enemas, with no progress. He still has a feeding tube, which they had to move today--Ouch! They also drained his lungs again today. As you can imagine, after more than 3 weeks in the hospital, he is discouraged and depressed. His parents are trying to steer him into optimism, telling him to say, "I feel a little better today than I did yesterday." To which he answered, "But I don't feel better today." Poor little guy! Liam loves to read, and therefore has a massive vocabulary. He had the doctors cracking up today as they worked on him by saying things like, "this is making me feel disoriented" and "I feel a sensation....." He will probably come out of this with more knowledge of the human body and medicine than most college kids. Please continue to pray for him.

1 comment:

jessica said...

Poor guy! We are still praying for him. Thanks for keeping us posted.