Friday, September 19, 2008

Liam

I went to the hospital yesterday to check on my cousin's 10 yr. old son, Liam. Here's the story. The little daredevil tree-climber fell a from a very tall tree almost two weeks ago. Injuries include two broken arms, ruptured kidney, lacerated spleen and damaged pancreas. His surgeon is the same doctor that did Jacob's surgery over three and a half years ago. (We loved her, and so do they.) On Wednesday, his lungs were filling with fluid. Not good. Still unable, and with the discovery of pancreas damage, not allowed to eat. Pain meds every two hours. Critical situation. Yesterday, when I walked into his room, I was amazed to find him sitting up in bed, alert, and even a smile on his face. Talk about night and day! I took lunch to Dan, Kathy and my Aunt Kay and although Liam had not had any desire to eat since the accident, the aroma of the Arby's curly fries flipped a switch and he REALLY wanted some fries. Good sign, but....way to go Lita! We give thanks to God for every day that Liam gets better.

No comments: