Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lazy Lita

Sometimes you just have to take a whole day to do nothing. Rainy days are the best. Today was one of those days. Don't get me wrong, I can make a list of things I DID do today, albeit the list is very short.
1. I made coffee this morning before sitting down to my BSF Bible study. Actually that should've been listed as TWO things.
2. I checked my email and Facebook.
3. I played Word Twist and Pathwords on Facebook.
4. I watched two episodes of Lost, Season 2, Disc 4.
5. I called my Dad to wish him a Happy Birthday...left him a voicemail.
6. I did a load of laundry (Neal's jeans--if I'm gonna do ANYTHING, I want Neal to notice).
7. I vacuumed the bedroom and living room.
8. I sorta watched the Spanish version of the Discovery Channel.
9. I cooked supper for my hardworking husband. (Fried catfish, black-eyed peas and cornbread, fried okra and sliced tomatoes out of my garden.)
10. The "rest of the day" I was engrossed in a blog Janell introduced to me. I'm telling you, once you start reading, you can't stop! Maybe I'm especially interested since her story isn't too different from mine--City Girl turned Ranch Wife. This woman is amazing. Fantastic writer, fabulous cook, gardener, photographer, etc., etc. What is even more amazing is that she lives in Pawnee!!! Who knew? I spent most of the afternoon reading, laughing and crying. Better than a good book, 'cause it never ends. You may want to check it out -- thepioneerwoman.com She is also writing a cookbook to be published soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the Pioneer Woman, too. Also, I liked your response the Jenny's post. We shoud have a special prayer meeting before the election. see you tomorrow.
Caren