Saturday, October 11, 2008

Atwoods--It's the New Walmart

In light of the falling economy, I'm doing what I can to cut back. Walmart is my "grocery store of choice" even though I hate how spread out it is and the long check-out lines. My biggest problem with Wally World is that I never come out with just groceries. I always see something, strategically placed, that I didn't know I needed until I saw it. It really blows my grocery budget. For the next three months, Discover is giving 5% cash back on purchases at grocery stores/markets. You guessed it, Walmart is NOT included, since it is classified as a discount store. So I'm doing all my shopping at Homeland, Reasors, and Warehouse Market. No temptations to buy home decor, clothing, or the latest kitchen gadget.

Now....for my new weakness...Atwoods. Yeah, you can call me a red-neck...I'm getting rather used to the idea. Run in for dog food and come out with a baker's rack. Go figure. I've also had my eye on some boots to wear around the farm--you know, building fires, shoveling manure, hauling limbs, etc., etc., but they didn't have my size. Today we went to Atwoods for 2 bags of deer corn. My heart actually started racing when I saw the racks and racks of Carhartts standing proudly in the aisles. How convenient would that be to throw some overalls on over my clothes to run out and do chores? And they have the Ladies' sizes in now for the Fall???? Oh, be still my heart. Then, Neal saw the jackets to match and INSISTED, I say, INSISTED that I needed one for those long winter months. Might as well check out the boot inventory while we're here. YES! (hand pump) they've got MY boots in MY size. Oh....I've got to stay out of Atwoods.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I found Lisa and Todd Shilts on your Blog. I'm trying to reach Lisa. We were raised together. I have stage IV breast cancer and lost my way to contact her when we moved about a year ago.
We attend at NW CofC in OKC.
thanks if you can help with hooking us back up.
Jacquelyn (Snider) Powell

Unknown said...

Jacquelyn, either give me you email address or email me at Lblev3156@aol.com and I'll give you Lisa's contact numbers. We actually just spent the night with them Monday night!