Tuesday, October 07, 2008

God's Peace

Now that Lauren is 2, she can go with me to BSF. They had a spot waiting for her and today was her first day. Since I kept Jacob five days a week for his first two years, but have not done the same with Lauren, I thought this would be a great way for us to have "our day." Going to Bible study in the morning, eating lunch together, staying at my house the rest of the day. I've been looking forward to this day for a few months, but as the day grew closer, I began to be anxious about it. What if she cried when I left her in class? What if she hated it? What would her teachers be like? Would I be able to enjoy MY Bible study, or would I be worried about her the entire time? When we arrived (early, I might add), the sweet lady at the Children's desk told us we'd have to wait a few minutes because the leaders were still having prayer. Very cool. They pray before the kids arrive. The leaders finished and went to their designated rooms and I walked Lauren down the hall to hers. And who should be her teacher? LeeAnn, an old friend of mine who's husband played baseball with Neal. She also knows Jeremy and Trista and taught aerobics at the Gym where Trista also taught. I felt so comfortable leaving Lauren in her hands. God helped me through the two hours of worship, discussion and lecture, with only a fleeting, occasional thought of Lauren's well-being. My discussion leader asked if I'd brought my granddaughter today and I said yes. She asked, "Is she the only girl in her class?" I said, "yes, I think she is." She said that the discussion leaders prayed for her yesterday, being told there was a new 2 yr. old coming in that would be in a class full of boys. Wow. Lots of praying going on. During discussion group, I wondered where my good friend, Martha, was today. Guess what! She was volunteering in, none other than, Lauren's class, today. God is so good! LeeAnn and Martha both bragged about how good Lauren did in her first BSF class. I think I can be at peace and enjoy the rest of the year.

No comments: