Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Tuesdays with Lauren

While getting ready for Bible Study this morning, my brilliant mind came up with the idea of dedicating my blog every Tuesday to the day spent with my precious granddaughter, Lauren. As with most of my brilliant ideas, it didn't work out quite as I'd planned. I arrived at my son's house and opened the garage door to find it empty. What? Where is everyone? Already running late, I rummaged through my purse to find my cell phone, then remembered it was in my bedroom. Rushed home to retrieve it and the phone was ringing as I walked through my door. Trista's morning had been chaotic and it didn't occur to her what day it was until her babysitter greeted her with, "I thought Lauren went to Bible Study on Tuesdays." But I'm determined to dedicate this blog to her, so I'll dig up some of my professional-like photography from LAST Tuesday for you to enjoy. This first video clip is of Lauren reading a book. Oh yeah...don't bother turning your audio up, because after I had taken the video it hit me that my camera doesn't record sound. DOH!! By the way...hint for Christmas...I want a Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Digital Camera. It has sound. ;0) But her body language says it all. Oh yeah...something else...the last part of the video is my floor. :)




This next video is Lauren singing the "ABC song." Again, no sound :( But I caught her about mid-way and you can read her lips as she sings from "ellemenopee" to "next time won't you sing with me." And again, more of my "floor photography."



Man, I need a new camera! I'm sure it's the camera!

3 comments:

bailey said...

I saw that you entered the Pioneer Woman's contest for that very camera. Your entry was just a few before mine!

Unknown said...

As you can tell, I'm not counting on winning it, so I thought I'd better put it on my Christmas list!

Shelly Collins said...

Lita, to answer your question, your nephew is CRAZY! I guess some people are just cut out for multiple kids...and that close together! Blake and I like to talk about the possibility of maybe adopting a third someday.