Friday, October 24, 2008

Sleepover with Nana

Neal is on another hunting trip, so Jacob is keeping me company tonight. I had a domestic moment and got the bright idea that we would make Halloween cookies. Jacob LOVES to make cookies. He makes peanut butter cookies with Aunt Jo occasionally.

He really gets into it. See the serious look on his face?

Cutting out the pumpkin shapes was easy. He's been practicing with playdoh.

Notice how much flour we're using. Not that it was necessary...just way more fun.

He even knows the word spatula. "Hey Nana, where's the spatula?"
The kid watches way too much Spongebob.

Need more flour.

Does he not look EXACTLY like Jeremy in this picture?

Look how strong I am, Nana.

These are the cookies right out of the oven. Beautiful.

Now for the frosting. Yes, that bowl was a wedding gift almost 32 years ago. I AM my mother. And notice the playdoh alien ship in the background. We went back and forth from playdoh to cookie dough. Maybe not such a wise decision.

The Pampered Chef accordion decorating container was a little difficult for his little hands to manage. But he'd rather just suck the icing out of the tip anyway. Getting a little close to the alien playdoh...I see trouble coming.

Jacob thinks Nana can do ANYTHING and had specific requests for the jack-o-lanterns. This is the "mean" one.

This is the "happy" one...at least he was happy til I dropped the camera on his eye.

This is Jacob.

And this is Nana...WITH her glasses on.

I think they looked better right out of the oven, what do you think? But we congratulated ourselves and called it a success. And we both learned a valuable lesson. When you're making cookies and licking your fingers constantly, don't make gooey aliens while the cookies are in the oven. I saw that one coming.

2 comments:

JeanetteLivingston said...

Don't you just love baking with the grandchildren? Wesley and I use to bake alot but I have not had the opportunity to do that with Mark. Maybe when I head up there when Adin is born. Can't wait. I think ya'll did a fantastic job on those cookies. They look yummy!

Wilma said...

I especially like the nana cookie. Well, the one with the camera drop smudge comes in second. The privilege of doing this with Jacob is special and saving these pictures and comments to your blog is priceless.Thanks for sharing with us.