Saturday, June 02, 2007


Jacob and Lauren stayed with Nana yesterday. My kittens, who usually stay in the chicken coop, came out to investigate. One is less fearful than the other and allowed Jacob a few seconds of holding and petting. But enough is enough and they soon found that they could safely hide under the porch, just out of his reach. He resorted to playing in the game room and found a box of GI Joe's. I had been keeping these stored away until he was old enough to enjoy them, and this seemed to be the day. With every new soldier, tank, helicopter, and jet fighter retrieved from the tin, an excited "Wow" or "that's cool" was expressed. Lauren, too, found these tiny items fascinating, and I soon realized that these were going to have to be toys saved for times when Lauren was napping or Jacob was here by himself.


In the afternoon, I was introduced to "Pool School". A technician from Leslie's Pool Service and Supply came out to show me the ropes, and although I am still not a pro, I think I have a better understanding of all the workings of the pump and vacuum. The forecast this next week is sunny and hot and hopefully I will have the pool up and running in the next few days. The new roof for the house, game room and garage are also scheduled for this week, so I'm thankful for the dry forecast.


Many who have received my email with new address info, have expressed their hope that I'm enjoying my new home.....Not yet....maybe soon. I haven't even begun to decorate...I take that back...I hung one wall hanging over my bed yesterday. I'm still working on installing toilet paper holders, towel rings, window blinds, etc. And yes, when I'm ready, I will post some pictures--before and after.

No comments: