Thursday, June 14, 2007

Whew!

Another VBS in the books. Tonight was our final night--the hot dog cookout. This year was our biggest attendance ever! Our numbers were around the 100 mark (kids only) every night. Many of the staff were caught offguard and those of us in crafts were scouring the city for extra material. It shouldn't have been such a surprise....our Monday night prayer group had prayed for a big turnout. When will we learn to expect the unexpected? Our theme this year was "Soldiers of God" which was a HUGE success. The kids loved the military theme. Maybe I can obtain some pics to post.

On another note, Jeff returned safely from the U.K. He had an awesome trip, wonderful weather, and great travelling companions. It would have been perfect except for the problems getting through customs and the flight delay on his return. By the time they landed in KC, he had been up 24 hours. I have to say, it feels good to know he's back in the good ole US of A.

1 comment:

Terry Rush said...

Lita,

I enjoy your sharing of your life with us on these brief pages. You are such a hero to me.

Do you know I, Lord willing, finish 30 years July 15th?

You bless my work, my ministry, my life.

Thank you, thank you!

I love you today!