Friday, November 07, 2008

God Still Performs Miracles

And in a million years, you could never convince me otherwise.

In 1964, the Smiths (that's me) met the Buntings. It was a match made in heaven. Our families...well at least the grown-ups...decided that we would move from Texas to Canada, where my Dad and Bill would co-minister a church in St. Thomas, Ontario. We were so much a part of each others' lives, it was like there was no distinction between the two families. Alma was like a second mom to me, and had a tremendous influence on my "formative" years. When Neal and I got married, I wanted my Dad to walk me down the aisle, which left Bill as the natural choice to perform the ceremony. Tragically, Alma was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma last year and the disease was already Stage IV. On March 1, my birthday and Bill & Alma's 50th Wedding Anniversary, we made a trip to Texas where they now live. Alma was not good. The doctors were trying everything, but the Lymphoma was advancing quickly. I was sure this would be the last time I would see my sweet Alma.

This summer, Alma seemed to be feeling better and she and Bill made a final trip to Canada. She is originally from Canada and there were people and places she wanted to see again before she left this world.

Last week another doctor visit and more blood tests. ABSOLUTELY NO CANCER CELLS. NO SIGN OF LYMPHOMA. What an amazing and awesome God we serve! Nothing is too hard for our God. Let's shout it from the rooftops!

My Two Moms


4 comments:

jessica said...

That is wonderful, it brought tears to my eyes and gave me chills. We know he can do these things but it always surprises us when he does (me anyway).

Anonymous said...

Praise God!! That is a great story Lita. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Seriously brought tears to my eyes. Praise God and thank you, Lita for sharing.
Caren

JeanetteLivingston said...

Wow, that gave me goose bumps. Awesome Story. Thanks for sharing.