Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesdays with Lauren

This morning went super smooth and I was running a little ahead of schedule for a nice change. I arrived at my son's house to pick up Lauren at exactly 8:30. Whoop! Whoop! Yeah me! Apparently everyone's morning didn't go like mine. Lauren was still in bed. Jeremy was still in bed. I said it was not a big deal, but Jeremy insisted he could get her ready in a hurry. Would you believe he had her dressed, hair up in a bow, and cereal bar in hand in 12 minutes flat!?! Yeah, it's just THAT important for her to spend the day with Nana.

We had lunch at Wendy's where Lauren flirted relentlessly with the manager. He asked her what her name was and she whispered shyly, "Sissy." He said all four of his daughters were "Sissy" at one time. He also thought it deserved a free chocolate frosty, which ended up on the front of her cute little shirt.

This is an all-too-typical scene at Nana's house.


After we got home I made good on a promise to let her play in the car and "drive." First she had to buckle in the stuffed puppy. Hang on little doggie, it's gonna be a rough ride!


Turning right!


Beep, beep! Come on, people, outta my way!


I just threw this picture in, 'cause I think she really looks like a Smith, here.

After I pried her out of the car, she spent a little time creating with play doh. Then when I wasn't looking she found Neal's "pipe marker" and managed to unscrew the cap, then proceeded to get red ink on her finger. "Nana, ouch, bwud! Is bweeding!"

Notice, we've thrown the cute little ice cream-stained shirt into the washer and replaced it with a more appropriate t-shirt. (She asked if it was Jeff's.)

She even had the face to go with her imaginary bleeding boo-boo. What a little actress!


I think today was the first time Lauren has noticed that there's a TV in my bedroom. She wanted me to turn it on...and could you get my blanket while your up? A little Yo Gabba Gabba (whatever that is...looked a little ghey to me) before retiring to "her" room for a long nap.


No comments: