Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesdays with Lauren

Another fun-filled day with Lauren, beginning with Bible Study Fellowship. Even though Lauren has only been attending since her 2nd birthday on October 4, she already recognizes the scenery as we get near the church building. When we got off the expressway and turned on Yale, she announced, "We're heeere!" As always, her teachers were so excited to see her. I don't know, maybe they act that way with all the kids. I like to think they're especially fond of Lauren. Here she is with her favorite teacher:


On the ride home, we were listening to the Baby Genius CD, 'cause Lauren is a genius you know. Good genes from her Nana. When we got to the song Ring Around the Rosy she just about jumped out of her car seat. She happily sang along with the CD and when the song was over she said, "Do it again." So I surfed through the 30 tracks while trying to keep my eyes on the road and land exactly back on track 23, which didn't happen on the first...or second...try. Of course, when the song was over she repeated, "Do it again." Again with the track surfing. This time when I surfed past it, she said, "aw shoot", and the next time, "ag gummit." Thanks to Lauren's persistence in wanting to listen to the same song ALL the way home, I discovered the RPT (repeat) button on my CD player. Yeah, Nana! I rock!!!

This afternoon, Lauren was occupied with her baby.



Mostly, the powder....




And the wet wipes...



At least my floor got a good cleaning.

Then it was on to the leather ottoman.

I would've never let my own kids get away with this.
But in Lauren's own words, "It's funny."

1 comment:

Terry Rush said...

Lauren is Lita Jr....of course!

I love you today!